Would you like to become a volunteer tutor?
Volunteers are an asset to our organization. Help a learner to achieve one of the following goal paths:
- Secondary Education
- Post Secondary Education
Volunteer Tutor Job Description
Qualifications and Assets:
- Dependable, patient and creative
- Interested in others
- Encourage and support your learner by creating a positive learning environment
- Appreciation for lifelong learning
- Good sense of humour
- Familiarity with local library and other sources of information
- Possess a library card
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently with learner
- Attend an orientation and a tutor workshop.
- Receive a Laubach Literacy Ontario certificate.
- Meet with your learner 2 times per week. Ideally a minimum of 4 hours per week or more is recommended. 10 hours per week is recommended by MTCU.
How do I get started?
- Call the Coordinator to set up an appointment and discuss the following requirements
- Complete an application
- Complete a reading, writing and math assessment
- Provide 3 references (suggestions: workplace, volunteer agency or educational)
- Provide a Police Record Check